Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Website functions overview:
What do you understand under "Free to use Music"?
- nearly all music on our site can be used free in non-commercial projects
Where can i get the Free Music?
- thats pretty simple just click the free download button beside the mp3 player - download starts immediately
Payment Options: Paypal or Bank Transfer
- We rely on PayPal as Payment Service Provider due to the high security and fast payment possibility for our customers
Can I use your music in commercial productions?
We have two versions of our music available:
Some Collection Societies like GEMA want to have a proof that the music is royalty free.
- That´s right! That is why we create an approval document for every licensed music order. This is your proof that you do not have to pay any additional money to someone else, also to no collection society.
I am a Musician and Composer too! Can I sell my stuff over your side?
- Actually here at Hartwigmedia we only sell our products. But we would love to hear from you at www.mysoundmarket.com which is open for other artist, too.
What is "Production Music"?
- Music claimed as Production Music means (at least at our site) that you can use this music for commercial productions. Our music can also be edited from you just like cutting, mixing or changing the data format.
Cross Media Publishing - What´s that?
- Cross Media Publishing means that you are allowed to use our music in different types of media. That means you can use our music e.g. in computergames, Films, TV Spots, Web Productions, Trailers, Teasers and much more. In case you want to use one music piece for different customers of yours, you need an additional Approval Document. This document needs to be signed by Hartwigmedia. We will charge 1.99€ for every additional Approval Document that is suitable for one additional customer of yours.
What will be the audio format for music I want to use commercially?
- We offer a high quality as we know you will need this for commercial projects like TV Shows or Motion Picture Advertising. The format for all licensed music is: WAV, 44,1 Khz, 24 Bit, Stereo
Examples of non-commercial projects
- in general all projects without the intention to earn money can be declared as non-commercial projects
Examples of commercial projects
- in general all projects that have the intention to earn money or are driven by a company are declared as commercial projects
What happens if I use your music in commercial projects without licensing?
We believe that we offer a very unique music source. We charge no costs for non-commercial usage for our music and you can license our stuff for a very low price. We believe that´s a fair deal and we hope that you think the same but in case you violate our license conditions here´s the answer:
- well we would not recommend to do this as we trace you down by law - that could get very expensive for you as this is a illegal use of our products we can not accept
Hartwigmedia - wasn´t there a more trendy name?
- of course there are lots of cool and hip names around but hey we think with our family name we stand for quality, service, good prices and fairness
What does the Tempo column mean?
- we decided to create the following terms fitting out productions:
Since beginning of 2012 we put the BPM directly in the tempo column
Am I allowed to cut and/or shorten your music?
-Yes you are. You are allowed to cut, shorten or extend the music as you need it. A Remix is not allowed. We also put this in our license conditions.
Do I get an Invoice and an Approval Document?
- Of course you receive an Invoice and the Approval Document with the titles listed you have purchased. The Approval Document is needed as proof for Collecting Rights Associations like GEMA, ASCAP that our music is royalty free and you do not to pay them in addition.
Am I allowed to use the music for more than one client/project?
- Yes you are! It is not neccessary to purchase one musictrack twice. You will need for every additional customer of yours an additional Approval Document signed by Hartwigmedia. For this process we will charge 1.99€ for every additional Approval Document that is suitable for one additional customer of yours.
When Do I receive my approval document?
- As we check every document by hand this incident will always take some time. Normally you will receive at the purchase/payment day your approval document. During peak hours it ist also possible that you receive the document two working days after payment.